Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I make an elixir, We make an elixir, You make an elixir.

Two things.

Wait, no, three things.

Thing 1.  For some reason, I became convinced several weeks ago that I wanted to roast carrots with thin slices of ginger.  Well, fine.  Ginger is available in root form, a form that soothes my cross-contamination worried mind, at my grocery.  The carrots didn't really work, and then I was left with a significant amount of ginger root, which smelled amazing and seemed a shame to waste.  After a lot of thinking, I made ginger syrup.  And now I make myself a tonic of ginger syrup, lime wedge, and sparkling water after dinner.  I put it in a tiny cup and enjoy it quite a lot.

Thing 2.  I need to do some work on a thing for work.  I don't care about it, but my supervisor does.  I'm trying to care about that more, and succeeding a little.  I'm going to do this almost right now and then get to bed.

Thing 3.  I want to go to the library.  The books I'd like to check out are Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic, and The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving: A Novel.

I need to get on that.  But first, to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment