Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Awesome.

I felt uncertain about going to roller derby practice tonight, but I managed to get myself there anyway.

True: I got lost.  True: the house numbers were near-invisible in the dark.  True: random neighbor-people waved at me, which was a friendly enough signal that I found myself able to ask them if they knew which house I was looking for.

And so I arrived!  Late, but that was okay.  I had a lovely time jumping around in my socks.

I talked with my friend later, briefly, and we made plans for working on our paper tomorrow.  And not in a, "oh gods we suck why don't we have more done" kind of way.  In a, "and so we'll hang out on the google and just work together for a while" kind of way.  This is a pleasant way for me to interact with this paper.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  It'd be pretty sweet if it's also a reasonably productive method.

I talked with my mom while I ate dinner, and we talked about stuff I'm doing to make work better.  We talked about her cold.  We talked about books.  She mentioned several times that my co-workers are behaving badly.  Ha!  Take that, co-workers!

It feels nice to know my mom is in my corner.  I feel like a lot of people are in my corner.  I feel like maybe I can climb out of this hole I find myself in.  And today I feel like, despite work-based irritation, I had a lovely evening.

And now, to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment